Recently I was thinking about what 9-year-old Cameron thought she would be when she grew up. I had many ideas — too many sometimes!
At various times, I wanted to be:
- An actress and singer. Nope. Singing wasn’t for me, I later found out. Plus, I get stage fright!
- A vampire. 🧛♀️ I was obsessed with Dracula, vampires, and the supernatural. Still waiting on this one. 🙂
- A film director so I could make the movies I wanted to see.
- A lawyer or someone who flew all over the world in a jet. Later in life, I managed the traveling part without the bothersome lawyer bit.
- A member of a space crew like on Star Trek: Next Generation. They were always off to curious new places. I imagined myself working at a computer console all day. Little did I know I would spend so much time working on a digital screen!
- A writer like Stephen King.
11 novels later, the writer thing stuck! I’m still working on the “like Stephen King” part (hehe).
What did you want to be? What did you imagine your life to look like now? I’d love to know.
I imagined flying cars and computer wrist watches. But I never expected to be so reliant on devices. It’s neat to think how one smartphone is millions of times more powerful than the Apollo 11 guidance computers.
Writing news – I’ve written 55,000 words in a new post-apoc series. This is a series I can’t talk about yet, but I’m so excited to share it with you when the time is right.
I’m also working on a new sci-fi short story for an anthology. More on that soon. Fans have been asking about the next Block book. That’s coming this year too!
Back to writing for me